The Expo is responsible for our guests’ first and last impressions of Bear Paw
- Valid Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers Card (www.muni.org)
- A love of high energy environments
- Able to “Smile” under pressure
- Excellent people skills
- Highly organized and meticulous.
- Welcome our guests as they enter the restaurant.
- Seating guests, escorting them to the table and presenting them with clean (not crumpled, wet, sticky, or drawn on.) menus.
- Manage seating rotation effectively by updating the floor chart often.
- Anticipating which table or tables will become available for larger parties within an appropriate amount of time without “saving or holding” tables. We want a full restaurant, not a full lobby.
- Answering the phone in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Always keep the waiting area and front desk clean and organized, we want to make the right impression on our guests!
- Thank our guests as they exit the restaurant and wish them well, offer them a bag if they are carrying to go boxes.
- For our older guests (or anybody who looks like they need assistance i.e., walker, cane, crutches) exiting the restaurant, STOP AND HOLD THE DOOR FOR THEM! The person who watched you hold the door for them is not upset with you for waiting the 2 seconds it took you to do that, in fact, more than likely, they will like you more!
- Knowledge of food and beverage items, with the ability to accurately answer questions.
This position reports to the Front of House Manager and is a key contributor to the overall success of the restaurant! Friendly, outgoing, warm, and organized, you are the very first person our guests interact with when they enter the restaurant! You are to answer the phone, manage takeout orders, seat guests, and make sure the dining experience starts on a good note! We are looking for someone to bring infectious energy, amazing organizational skills, and composure to the role.
To Apply: complete our online application and attach your resume